Skills: Associated Press. News, feature, lifestyle writing. Social media content (including graphics). Photography. Photoshop. Technical and Professional writing. Broadcast speech and writing. Event planning. Professional communication with sources. WordPress and website design. Quick response to news events.
Experience: Bachelor Arts degree in Digital Media Studies with an emphasis in journalism and a minor in Spanish from Lee University. (Graduation date: May 2019) Journalism and Public Relations internship at Mix 104.1 WCLE Radio Station (January 2019-Present). Staff reporter for Lee Clarion producing weekly content as a feature writer, news writer and life writer. (August 2017-December 2017, August 2018-Present).
Goals: To produce honest, engaging and well-researched content and grow as a reporter and journalist.
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a 3.88 GPA. Completed 81 hours of community service. Received a total amount of $27,450 in Scholarships. Took courses that instructed us of the importance of journalism ethics. Took courses in news reporting and writing, feature writing, broadcast speech, photography, Camera shooting, politics and media and social media and innovation. In addition, I gained a greater global understanding through the global perspectives program at Lee University. I studied language and culture for 27 days in Colombia in June 2018.
- Distribute flyers and magazines to businesses and build relationships with community members.
- Produce relevant and attractive social media content for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Plan events and coordinate with others in order to ensure they run smoothly.
- Produce weekly balanced content that engages an audience.
- Communicate with members of the community to state up-to-date on news and events.
- Pitch story ideas and respond rapidly to events and situations.