Below are a list of resources pertaining to COVID-19 for Michigan
- Committee to Protect Journalists Safety Advisory: Covering the coronavirus outbreak
- 8 strategies to set up remote work during the coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus FAQs & Legal Update — Employer Challenges in Dealing with a Pandemic – America’s Newspapers
- Get the Story on the Coronavirus Crisis – Center for Health Journalism
- U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention COVID-19 global cases map
- World Health Organization Novel Coronavirus Situation dashboard
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University
Michigan Essential Service Business Form
To Whom It May Concern:
This letter is to certify that [NAME] is a [TITLE] with [NEWS ORGANIZATION], conducting activities related to the publishing of news, identified by the federal government’s Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Agency (CISA), as well as various state authorities, including Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, as an essential service.
During this critical time, it is vital for news publishers to provide our communities with factual, reliable information. The list of essential critical infrastructure workers includes workers who “support radio, television, and media service, including, but not limited to front line news reporters, studio, and technicians for newsgathering and reporting.” This is reasonably interpreted to include all personnel directly involved with producing print news, including reporters, printers, and editors, as well as personnel directly involved with distributing newspapers, such as drivers.
Governor Whitmer’s March 23, 2020 Executive Order 2020-21, # 8(h).
It is for these reasons that [NEWS ORGANIZATION] respectfully requests that you allow [NAME] to continue [HER/HIS] mission critical activities without interference. Please let us know if you have any questions at [EMAIL] or [PHONE NUMBER].